Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 16 peppermint
candy canes or sticks
- Crushed hard peppermint candy or
miniature chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Heat chocolate chips and shortening in a 1-quart saucepan over low heat until
melted. Tip saucepan so that chocolate runs to one side.
- Dip 1 candy cane at a time into chocolate, coating about 3/4 of each stick with
- Place on wax paper on cookie sheet. Let stand about 2 minutes, until chocolate
is almost dry.
- Roll chocolate-dipped ends in crushed peppermint candy or miniature chocolate
chips. Let stand about 10 minutes or until chocolate is dry.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
Yield: 16 candy canes