Chocolate-Dipped Marzipan Balls
(German Christmas Candy)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans almond paste
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons amaretto, divided
- 4 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 16 ounces Hershey's special dark chocolate
- 5 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- In a large bowl, cut almond paste into chunks; add egg whites, amaretto and almond
extract. Mix well.
- Add cornstarch.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar, a small amount at a time, to stiffen.
- Chill overnight.
- Roll mixture into balls.
- Melt chocolates together over double boiler (or melt in microwave).
- Dip balls into chocolate, and chill in refrigerator.