Christmas Caramel Crunch
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 4 cups mini pretzels
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 275 degrees F. Spray a large roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Distribute popcorn, pretzels, and pecans in roasting pan.
- Place in oven to warm while preparing the caramel syrup.
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, water and corn syrup. Bring
to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Pour over warmed popcorn mixture. Stir
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Place roasting pan on cooling rack. Stir several times while cooling so that
mixture doesn't clump together.
- Store airtight.
Yield: 10 cups