Christmas Cherry Fudge
- 1 small box cherry gelatin
- 3 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped, candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Butter an 8-inch square pan.
- Cook gelatin, sugar, baking soda and milk slowly until sugar is dissolved.
- Clip a candy thermometer to the side of the saucepan. Cook, without stirring,
until the mixture reaches 236 degrees F.
- Remove from heat. Add butter.
- Pour onto a large platter. Cool, without stirring, until lukewarm.
- Beat until it loses its gloss.
- Stir in cherries and walnuts.
- Pour into prepared pan.