Christmas Fudge Pops
Spread joy this Christmas with these chocolate-marshmallow fudge candy pops -
a perfect dessert treat for the kids and the whole family.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 large marshmallows
- Dash salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup white nonpareils
- 22 paper lollipop sticks
- 1/3 cup white vanilla baking
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Line 11 x 7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish or 9-inch square pan with foil,
extending foil 1 inch over 2 opposite sides of pan; grease foil with butter.
- In 3-quart heavy saucepan, mix sugar, milk, butter, marshmallows and salt.
Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 5 minutes, stirring
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla until mixture can
be stirred smooth. Pour into pan. Immediately sprinkle with nonpareils. Cool
completely, about 1 hour.
- Use foil to lift fudge out of pan. With 2-inch Christmas tree-shaped cookie
cutter, cut fudge. Insert 1 stick into bottom of each cutout.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave vanilla chips and shortening on Medium
(50%) 30 to 45 seconds; stir until chips can be stirred smooth. Drizzle over
plain side of fudge. Let stand until set.
Prep Time 30 min
Total Time 2 hr 0 min
Nutrition Information 1 Serving Calories 230 , Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat
7g, ), Sodium 70mg Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber0g ), Protein2g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from