Coconut Rum Balls
- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers, finely crushed (about
3 cups crumbs)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut (1 1/3 cups)
- 1 cup finely
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup rum
flaked coconut or confectioners' sugar
- In large bowl, combine crumbs, coconut and nuts.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and rum; mix well.
- Chill 4 hours.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in coconut or confectioners' sugar.
- Store tightly covered in refrigerator.
Yield: about 8 dozen
The flavor of these candies improves after 24 hours.
Make ahead and store in refrigerator for several weeks.