This unique treat combines two holiday favorites— the tangy flavor of cranberry
and a sweet chewy candy.
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatine
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 3 (3 ounce) packages raspberry
- Additional sugar, optional
- In a saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatine over water; let stand for 2 minutes
- Add cranberry sauce and 1 cup granulated sugar; cook over low heat until sauce
is melted and sugar is dissolved, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk until smooth. Remove from the heat and add raspberry gelatin; stir until
completely dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Pour into an 8-inch square baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 12 hours or overnight (do not refrigerate).
- Cut into 1-inch squares; roll in remaining sugar. Place on baking sheets; let
stand at room temperature for 3 hours.
- Turn pieces over and let stand 3 hours longer.
- Roll in additional sugar if desired.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Yield: about 5 dozen
Source: Country Woman Christmas