Crispy Christmas Date Balls
- 1 (7.5 ounce) package dates, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten lightly with a fork
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 bag finely flaked coconut
- In a large pot, combine dates, butter, sugar, and egg. Bring to a boil, stirring
constantly over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, continuing to stir.
- Add vanilla extract and Rice Krispies, mixing well.
- Allow to cool until you can handle it.
- Roll into small balls, then roll in coconut or confectioners' sugar.
Yield: 24 servings