- 2 pouches CERTO Fruit Pectin
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sugar, measured into separate bowl
- 1 1/3 cups light corn syrup
- 1 envelope KOOL-AID Unsweetened Soft Drink Mix, any flavor
- Additional sugar for rolling
- Butter or spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Stir fruit pectin, 2 tablespoons water and baking soda in 4-quart saucepan.
(Mixture will foam slightly.) Cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until
foam has thinned.
- Remove from heat; stir in 2 cups sugar, corn syrup and soft drink mix.
- Stirring constantly, bring mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't
stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat and boil 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir mixture until bubbles have thinned.
- Pour immediately into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until
mixture is cool and firm, about 3 hours.
- Loosen edges with point of sharp knife. Invert pan onto wax paper which
has been sprinkled with about 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Sprinkle an additional 2 tablespoons sugar over top of candy.
- Cut into 1-inch squares or decorative shapes with small cookie cutters.
- Roll candy pieces to coat in sugar, shaking off excess.
- Let stand overnight, uncovered, at room temperature before packing or storing.
Yield: 24 servings, 4 pieces each
How To Measure Precisely: To get exact level cup measures of sugar, spoon sugar
into dry metal or plastic measuring cups, then level by scraping excess sugar from
top of cup with a straight-edged knife.
Nutritional Information:: Calories 120 Total fat 0 g Saturated fat 0 g Cholesterol
0 mg Sodium 60 mg Carbohydrate 33 g Dietary fiber 0 g Sugars 27 g Protein
0 g Vitamin A 0 %DV Vitamin C 4 %DV Calcium 0 %DV Iron 0 %DV
Recipe and photo credit: kraftrecipes.com