Dipped Peppermint Sticks
Dipped Peppermint Sticks feature chocolate and mint flavors combined in a tasty,
handheld treat. Traditional peppermint sticks, dipped with chocolate and decorated
with white morsels, are perfect for gift giving.
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable
- 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- 8 peppermint
sticks or candy canes, unwrapped
- 8 cellophane bags and twist ties or ribbons
- Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Microwave semi-sweet morsels and vegetable shortening in small, uncovered, microwave-safe
bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 20 seconds; stir. The morsels may retain some of their
original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals,
stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Dip the end of each candy stick in melted chocolate, tilting bowl to easily dip.
Use side of bowl to remove excess.
- Place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.
- Microwave white morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag on medium-high (70%)
power for 20 seconds; knead.
- Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth.
- Cut tiny corner from each bag. Squeeze to drizzle over ends of already dipped
- Let stand until set.
- Insert candy sticks into bags and secure with ties.
- Store at room temperature.
prep 26 min.
total 8 sticks
Reprinted with permission from
Nestle and meals.com.