Eggnog Truffles in Chocolate Cups
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- Chocolate Cups: Melt chips with shortening in heavy, small saucepan over very
low heat, stirring constantly.
- Spoon about 1/2 tablespoon of the chocolate mixture into each of about 36 small
foil candy cups. With back of spoon, bring some of the chocolate up side of each
cup. Refrigerate until firm.
- Truffles: Melt chips with butter and eggnog in heavy, medium saucepan over low
heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into pie pan. Refrigerate until mixture is thick, but soft, about 2 hours.
- Spoon truffle mixture into pastry bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe mixture
into chocolate cups.
- Truffles can be refrigerated for 2 to 3 days or frozen several weeks.
- To remove foil cups, cut slit in bottom of the cup and peel foil up from bottom.
Do not peel down from the top edge.
Yield: about 36 truffles
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.