Eggnog Truffles make a great holiday or hostess gift. Package the truffles in
a holiday tin between wax paper.
- 1 pound white baking chocolate, divided
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) cream cheese,
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg,
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Imitation Rum Extract
- McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground
- Melt 8 ounces of the chocolate as directed on package.
- Beat cream cheese, confectioners’
sugar, nutmeg and extract in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed mixer
until well blended and smooth.
- Add melted chocolate; beat until well mixed.
- Cover. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Shape into 24 (about 3/4-inch) balls. Place on wax paper-lined tray. Refrigerate
until ready to dip.
- Coat only 12 truffles at a time. Melt 4 ounces of the remaining chocolate in
small microwavable bowl on MEDIUM (50% power) 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
Using a fork, dip 1 truffle at a time into the melted chocolate. Tap back of fork
2 or 3 times against edge of dish to allow excess chocolate to drip off. Place truffles
on wax paper-lined tray. (If there are any “bald” spots on truffle, cover with melted
chocolate that remains on the fork.)
- Sprinkle truffles with nutmeg.
- Repeat with
remaining 4 ounces chocolate and remaining truffles.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is set.
- Store truffles between layers of wax paper in airtight container in refrigerator
up to 1 week.
Yield: 2 dozen or 12 (2 truffle) servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Time: 5 hours
Test Kitchen Tip: When dipping the truffles,
do so in 2 batches (as directed above in Step 3) as the coldness of the truffles
may cause the melted chocolate to harden.
per serving Calories: 252 Fat: 16 g Carbohydrates: 24 g Cholesterol: 24 mg
Sodium: 71 mg Fiber: 0 Protein: 3 g
Reprinted with permission from