Festive Jell-O Popcorn Balls
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 1/2 ounces) JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 package (4-serving size) JELL-O Brand Gelatin, any flavor
- 3 quarts (12 cups) popped popcorn
- Decorations, such as candy sprinkles, dragees
and ribbon (optional)
- Microwave butter and marshmallows in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 1/2 to
2 minutes or until marshmallows are puffed.
- Stir in gelatin until well blended.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn in large bowl; mix lightly until evenly
- Shape into 16 (2-inch) balls or other shapes with greased or moistened hands.
- Add decorations, if desired.
Yield: 16 servings, 1 popcorn ball each
Size-Wise: Kids can help make these seasonal
treats for a holiday party. Be sure to allow 1 popcorn ball (1 serving) for each
Cooking Know-How: Dragees are small hard balls
of icing that are typically colored with a metallic edible food coloring. Look for
them in the baking section of your supermarket.
Nutritional Information: Calories 130 Total fat 3 g Saturated fat 1.5 g Cholesterol
10 mg Sodium 65 mg Carbohydrate 23 g Dietary fiber 1 g Sugars 15 g Protein 1 g Vitamin
A 0 %DV Vitamin C 0 %DV Calcium 0 %DV Iron 0 %DV
Reprinted with permission from