Fruit Bon Bons
For two flavors, divide the coconut mixture in half before doing gelatin; add
a different gelatin flavor (one 4 serving size package) to each half.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (7 ounce packages flaked coconut
(5 1/3 cups)
- 1 (8 serving size) box fruit flavor gelatin (any flavor)
- 1 cup
ground blanched almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Food coloring (optional)
- In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, coconut, 1/3 cup gelatin, almonds,
extract and enough food coloring to tint mixture.
- Chill 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Using about 1/2 tablespoon mixture for each, shape into 1-inch balls. Sprinkle
remaining gelatin onto wax paper; roll each ball in gelatin to coat. Place on wax
paper-lined baking sheets; chill.
- Store covered at room temperature or in refrigerator.
Yield: about 5 dozen