Grand Marnier Cranberry Creams
Fluffy powdered sugar candy with dried cranberries, a hint of orange, all dipped
- 6 ounces dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier (orange flavored
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- * Orange juice can be used in place of liqueur.
- Soak cranberries in Grand Marnier for 1 hour at room temperature. Drain cranberries
- Beat butter, confectioners' sugar and 2 to 3 tablespoons of the marinade
- Fold in cranberries and over and chill overnight.
- Form cranberry mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a wax paper lined baking
sheet and chill until firm.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in top of a double boiler over simmering water.
- Dip candies into melted chocolate, turning to coat.
- Return to refrigerator to set.
- Melt white chocolate and drizzle or pipe over tops of candy.
Yield: 40 servings