Holiday Candy Trains
Choo-choo! Holiday Candy Trains can brighten as well as add fun to any buffet
or table arrangement.
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- 4 sixteen-inch lengths 3/8-inch-wide red or green
- 16 packages chewing gum (5 sticks each)
- 12 packages (1 1/2 ounces each)
- 64 round peppermint candies
- 4 rolls ring-shaped hard candies
foil-wrapped Hershey 's Kisses milk chocolates
- Assorted foil-wrapped candies
- 12 miniature candy cane sticks
- For cars of each train, glue end of 1 ribbon onto wide side of 1 gum package,
1 raisin package, 2 more gum packages and 1 more raisin package, spacing cars about
1/2 inch apart. For wheels, glue 4 peppermint candies onto sides of gum packages
and 2 candies onto sides of raisin packages.
- For engine, glue roll of ring-shaped candies onto first ribbon-topped gum package.
Glue 2 foil-wrapped milk chocolate candies onto top of engine.
- Glue additional candy canes and raisin packages to train cars as shown in photo
or as desired.
- Repeat to make remaining 3 trains.
Yield: 4 candy trains
Did You Know...Clear tape can be used instead
Purchasing: Browse a candy store to discover
new gems to use when making trains.
Hershey's and Kisses trademarks and associated trade dress are registered
trademarks of The Hershey Company.
Reprinted with permission from
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills.