Holiday Peppermint Bark
Yield: 1 pound
- 1 (12 ounce) package Nestlé Toll House Premier White Morsels
- 24 hard peppermints, unwrapped
- Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Microwave morsels in medium, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Place peppermint candies in heavy-duty plastic bag. Crush candies using rolling pin or other heavy object. While holding strainer over melted morsels, pour crushed candy into strainer. Shake to release all small candy pieces; reserve larger candy pieces. Stir morsel-peppermint mixture.
- Spread mixture to desired thickness on prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with reserved candy pieces; press in lightly.
- Let stand for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Break into pieces.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé and meals.com