Magic Rum Balls
- 3 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 (15
ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup rum
- Confectioners' sugar
or colored or chocolate sprinkles
- Combine wafer crumbs and nuts.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and rum; blend well.
- Chill for one hour.
- Dip palms of hands in confectioners' sugar. Shape, by teaspoonsful, into
- Roll in confectioners' sugar or sprinkles.
- Store in covered container in refrigerator with wax paper between layers.
Yield: 48 balls
Rum balls can be kept moist and fresh for weeks.
May be dipped wholly or partially into melted semisweet chocolate.