- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup
confectioners' sugar, plus more for dusting
- 2 cups
- 1 cup finely ground pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chow mein noodles,
mini chocolate chips, sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter and vanilla extract in bowl of electric mixture until light and fluffy.
Add sugar; beat until combined. Mix in flour, pecans and salt. Shape dough into
1-inch ovals, tapering one end. Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; insert noodle at tail end and 2 almonds about 1/3 of the way
from pointed end for ears. Return to oven; bake until slightly browned, about 12
- Remove from oven; immediately place two chocolate chips in from of ears for eyes.
(Chocolate will melt slightly and stick to cookie.) Dust mice with confectioners'
- Cool on wire rack.
Yield: about 3 dozen
Source: 2nd place winner Chicago Tribune cookie contest