Mr. Peanut's Double Fantasy Fudge
- 6 cups sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter or margarine, divided
- 2 small cans (5 ounces each) evaporated milk (about 2/3 cup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) JET-PUFFED Marshmallow
- 2 cups chopped PLANTERS Dry Roasted Peanuts, divided
- 2 teaspoons
vanilla extract, divided
- 1 1/2 packages (12 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet
- Line 13 x 9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of
- Place 3 cups of the sugar, 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) of the butter and 1 can
of the evaporated milk in heavy 3-quart saucepan. Bring to full rolling boil
on medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 4 minutes or until candy thermometer
reaches 234 degrees F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from
- Add peanut butter and contents of one of the marshmallow crème jars; stir
until completely melted. Add 1 cup of the peanuts and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla;
- Pour immediately into prepared pan; spread to evenly cover bottom of pan.
- Place remaining 3 cups sugar, the remaining 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
and the remaining can of evaporated milk in large heavy saucepan. Bring to full
rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 4 minutes or until candy
thermometer reaches 234 degrees F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and remaining jar of marshmallow crème; stir until completely
- Add 1/2 cup of the remaining peanuts and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla
extract; mix well. Pour immediately over peanut butter fudge layer in pan. Spread
to evenly cover peanut butter fudge; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup peanuts.
- Cool at room temperature at least 4 hours before cutting into small pieces
- Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.
Yield: 6 pounds or 70 servings, one piece each
Size-Wise: At 70 servings, this decadent fudge is perfect for sharing with friends
Important: If you are only able to purchase a large (12 ounce) can of evaporated
milk, be sure to use only 2/3 cup for each fudge layer so that the fudge will set.
Cooking Know-How: If you don't have a candy thermometer, bring sugar mixture
to full rolling boil on medium heat, then begin timing 4 minutes while mixture continues
to boil, stirring constantly.
Nutritional Information: Calories 190; Total fat 10 g; Saturated fat 3.5
g; Cholesterol 10 mg; Sodium 70 mg; Carbohydrate 26 g; Dietary fiber 1 g; Sugars
24 g; Protein 3 g; Vitamin A 2 %DV; Vitamin C 0 %DV; Calcium 0 %DV; Iron 2 %DV
Reprinted with permission from