Orange Jelly Candy
- 1 box SURE JELL Fruit Pectin
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 5 drops each red and yellow liquid food coloring
- Spray 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Mix pectin, water and baking soda in medium saucepan. (Mixture will be foamy.)
- Combine 1 cup of the sugar and the corn syrup in large saucepan.
- Cook both mixtures on high heat 4 minutes or until foam has thinned from
pectin mixture and sugar mixture comes to a full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't
stop bubbling when stirred), stirring mixtures in both saucepans frequently.
- Gradually add pectin mixture to boiling sugar mixture, stirring constantly.
Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in extract and food coloring. Pour immediately into
prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature 3 hours or overnight until candy
is cool and firm.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup sugar onto large sheet of wax paper. Invert candy
onto wax paper. Cut candy into 3/4-inch squares, stopping occasionally to dip
knife in warm water. Roll candy in sugar until evenly coated. Place in single
layer on wire racks.
- Let stand, uncovered, at room temperature overnight. Store in airtight container
at room temperature.
Yield: about 5 dozen candies or 30 servings, 2 candies each
Special Extra: Add 1/4 cup chopped PLANTERS Walnuts along with the food coloring.
Variation: Coat candy pieces in 1/4 cup powdered sugar instead of the remaining
1/4 cup granulated sugar.
Nutritional Information: Calories 70 Total fat 0 g Saturated fat 0 g Cholesterol
0 mg Sodium 35 mg Carbohydrate 18 g Dietary fiber 0 g Sugars 15 g Protein 0 g Vitamin
A 0 %DV Vitamin C 0 %DV Calcium 0 %DV Iron 0 %DV
Reprinted with permission from