Peanut Butter Cup Bark
With its delicious white and dark chocolate layers, and peanut butter cups, this holiday candy is irresistible — and easy.
Hands-on: 15 to 30 min | Yield: about 2 dozen pieces
- 1 cup bakeable mini peanut butter cups
- 2 2/3 cups chopped semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 2 2/3 cups chopped white chocolate, melted
- 2 to 3 drops peanut butter flavor (optional)
- Melt the dark chocolate. Use a double boiler, or very carefully melt in the microwave for 90 seconds or so, heating only until softened, then removing from the oven and stirring to complete the melting process.
- Spread the chocolate into an 8" x 12" oval on parchment paper, waxed paper, or lightly greased foil.
- Allow the chocolate to set, but not harden completely; about 20 minutes in the refrigerator will hasten this process.
- Melt the white chocolate, stir in the peanut butter flavor, and spread over the dark chocolate.
- Sprinkle the mini peanut butter cups on top, pressing them in gently.
- Allow the candy to cool until hardened, then break or cut it into chunks.
- Store candy airtight, at room temperature.
When chocolate chips melt, they're thicker, less pourable, and generally harder to handle than melted bars or chunks of chocolate.
We don't recommend chips for this recipe; choose bar chocolate instead.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
King Arthur Flour