Add this to your repertoire of holiday delights. You'll find the creamy fudge
topped with pieces of crushed peppermint hard to resist.
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature
- 1 1/2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup crushed,
hard peppermint candy
- Line 8-inch-square baking pan with foil.
- Combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan.
Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring
constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in marshmallows, morsels, vanilla extract and peppermint extract. Stir vigorously
for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted.
- Pour into prepared baking pan; cool for 1 minute. Top with candy, pressing in
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Lift from pan; remove foil.
- Cut into 48 pieces.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
Cooling Time: 2 hrs refrigerating
Yield: 24 servings (2 pieces per serving)
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé and meals.com.