Praline Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick
plus 6 tablespoons real butter, divided
- 10 to 12 ounces peanut butter chips
- About 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup
light Karo syrup
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- Line a 9-inch square glass baking dish with aluminum foil. Butter well or spray
with nonstick spray.
- To make bottom layer: In a heavy saucepan, combine milk, sugar, salt and 1/2
stick butter. Bring to a boil, between medium and medium-high heat, and cook for
about 7-8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Add peanut butter chips and creamy peanut butter. Stir well,
working quickly to avoid the candy from setting up in the saucepan.
- Quickly pour mixture into prepared pan. Smooth out the top, if necessary.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- To make top layer: In a small saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons of butter.
- Add brown sugar and Karo syrup. Stir until smooth. Bring to a boil and stir for
- Remove from heat. Add nuts and confectioners' sugar. Stir well. Quickly pour
over bottom layer.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into small squares.
Yield: about 36-48 small pieces