Reindeer Chocolate-Coated Pretzel Rods
The most famous reindeer at your house will be these cute munchable treats!
- 4 ounces chocolate-, vanilla- or butterscotch flavored candy coating (almond
- 12 large pretzel twists
- 12 pretzel rods
- 24 miniature semisweet
- 12 red candy-coated chocolate candies
- 1 roll Betty Crocker
Fruit by the Foot cherry or other flavor chewy fruit snack rolls
- 12 miniature
green candy-coated chocolate candies
- Place candy coating in 1-cup microwavable measuring cup. Microwave uncovered
on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted.
- Dip pretzel twists into melted candy coating. Place on waxed paper. Let stand
until coating is set.
- If necessary, rewarm coating. Dip top 2 inches of pretzel rod into melted candy
coating; attach pretzel rod to bottom of pretzel twist. Place on waxed paper.
- To make reindeer, press on chocolate chips for eyes and red candy for nose using
melted candy coating. Cut scarf from fruit roll; attach to reindeer using candy
coating. Press on green candy for button using candy coating. Place on waxed paper.
Let stand until coating is set.
- Store coated pretzel rods loosely covered at room temperature no longer than
Yield: 12 pretzels
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 175 (Calories from Fat 45 ); Total
Fat 5 g (Saturated Fat 2 g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 480 mg; Total Carbohydrate
30 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g); Protein 3 g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2 %; Iron 6 %
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Fruit; 1 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills.