Rum Balls are a seasonal favorite with no cooking required.
- 1/4 cup rum (spiced recommended)
- 1 cup finely crushed/chopped vanilla wafers
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons (1/8 cup) light corn syrup
- Combine the above ingredients in a bowl. Knead into a ball with smooth
consistency. The ball should be slightly wet and sticky to the touch. If too
dry, add more corn syrup sparingly as needed. Let ball stand for a few
- Pick off a small piece from the ball and roll it into a ball (3/4 –
1-inch), then roll it in granulated sugar until completely coated. Set it on
wax paper and repeat until the all the ball is used.
- Put finished rum balls in a sealed container. Though they can be eaten
immediately, they develop their full flavor in 1-2 days.