Salty and Sweet Chocolate Butter Toffee
A sweet and salty combination is sprinkled with toasted chopped almonds. This
decadent treat features melted chocolate morsels spread over homemade toffee and
- Parchment paper or aluminum foil
- 30 saltine crackers
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL
HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted almonds
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil; place crackers on prepared
baking sheet 5 across and 6 down to form a 10 x 12-inch rectangle.
- Combine butter, sugar and salt in 2-quart, heavy-duty saucepan. Cook over medium
heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until candy thermometer reaches
300 degrees F (this should take about 20 minutes from the time you turn on the burner).
It should be a rich, golden amber color.
- Remove from heat; immediately pour mixture
- Sprinkle evenly with morsels. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spread melted morsels over toffee with metal spatula or back of spoon.
- Cool for 2 hours before breaking into 30 pieces.
- Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
oling Time: 2 hr
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé and meals.com.