Have "snow" much fun! Create and offer edible snow people in a jar
of sugar cubes to look like snow.
- 1/2 package (16-ounce size) vanilla-flavored candy coating (almond bark)
- 12 large pretzel rods
- 24 large gumdrops
- 24 miniature
semisweet chocolate chips
- About 3 Betty Crocker Fruit Roll-Ups (from 5-ounce
- Cover cookie sheet with foil or waxed paper.
- Melt candy coating as directed on package.
- Thread 2 marshmallows on each pretzel rod so marshmallows are at one end of pretzel.
- For hat brim, press gumdrop to flatten and attach to top of pretzel, using melted
coating; press and hold brim about 5 seconds.
- For top of hat, attach another gumdrop, flat side down, on center of brim, using
melted coating; press and hold about 5 seconds.
- Place pretzel in empty beverage glass to hold upright; let stand about 20 minutes
or until set.
- For eyes, attach chocolate chips to marshmallow, using melted coating.
- Repeat with remaining gumdrops, pretzels, marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Cut fruit snack rolls into strips, about 6 inches long and 1/4 inch wide; place
on snow people for scarves.
Yield: 12 candies
Special Touch: For an individual gift, package
one snowman in a plastic bag filled with miniature marshmallows to resemble snow.
Tie with fanciful ribbons.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 65); Total
Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat ncg); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 320mg; Total Carbohydrate
50g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars ncg); Protein 3g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 2 1/2 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: nc
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit:
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills.