Toasted Pecan White Fudge
A saucepan and five easy ingredients are all that's needed to make a sweet and
easy foolproof candy.
- 1 1/2 bags (12-ounce size each) white vanilla baking chips (3 cups)
- 2 cups
miniature marshmallows or 16 large marshmallows, cut in half
- 1 cup (from 14-ounce
can) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted if desired
- Butter bottom and sides of 9-inch square pan, or line with foil.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat baking chips, marshmallows and milk over medium heat,
stirring constantly, until chips and marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract and pecans. Immediately pour into pan.
- Cover; refrigerate
about 4 hours or until firm.
- Cut candy into 1-inch squares.
Yield: 64 candies
Special Touch: One piece of this rich white
fudge makes a heavenly gift when packed in a petite box.
How-To: Toast nuts in shallow pan in 350 degree
F oven 6 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 35); Total
Fat 3 1/2g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 25mg; Total
Carbohydrate 9g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 8g); Protein 1g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices:
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit:
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills.