It's a holiday candy classic! But with only 5 ingredients, this buttery toffee
can be enjoyed any time of year!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup semisweet, dark or milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In heavy 2-quart saucepan, heat sugar, butter and water to boiling, stirring
constantly; reduce heat to medium. Cook about 13 minutes, stirring constantly, to
300 degrees F on candy thermometer or until small amount of mixture dropped into
cup of very cold water separates into hard, brittle threads that break easily. (Watch
carefully so mixture does not burn.)
- Immediately pour toffee onto ungreased large cookie sheet. If necessary, quickly
spread mixture to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand about
1 minute or until chips are completely softened.
- Spread softened chocolate evenly over toffee.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Let stand at room temperature about 1 hour, or refrigerate if desired, until
firm. Break into bite-size pieces.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Prep Time 35 min
Total Time 1 hr 35 min
Packaging gifts for the holidays can be as fun as making them. Wrap coffee tins
with holiday paper or foil. Fill with Toffee, separating layers with colored tissue
paper or waxed paper.
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Candy Calories 90 (Calories from Fat
60), Total Fa t7g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg Sodium 35mg
Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 7g), Protein 0g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges:0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2
Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from