White Christmas Fudge
White chocolate fudge filled with dried fruits and nuts - so easy to make - no
- 2 1/2 cups C&H Pure Cane Powdered Sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 12 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 3/4 cup dried cherries, cranberries, or apricots, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup toasted almond slices
- Line an 8-inch square pan with foil; grease foil.
- Mix confectioners' sugar and milk in a heavy 3-quart saucepan. Over medium
heat, add butter and, stirring constantly, bring to boil. Without stirring,
boil for 5 minutes.
- Over low heat, add chocolate and almond extract. Stir, then whisk until
chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in dried cherries and toasted almonds*.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate 2 hours until firm.
- Invert pan, peel off foil and cut into 1-inch squares. Garnish as desired
Serving size: 36 squares
* To toast almonds, spread in a single layer on baking pan. Bake in 350 degrees
F oven for 5-10 minutes, shaking pan occasionally, until they begin to brown.
Quick Tips: Look for dried cherries in the bulk foods or produce section of your
For a thicker fudge, as shown in photo, double the recipe.
Reprinted with permission from
C&H Sugar Company.