Bittersweet Shortbread Cookies
Looking for a special treat? Two cookies is all that is needed to provide a lot of chocolaty flavor.
Yield: about 7 dozen cookies or 42 servings, 2 cookies each
- 2 cups (4 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 (6 squares) package BAKER'S Bittersweet Baking Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup PLANTERS Chopped Pecans, toasted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and cornstarch; mix well.
- Stir in chocolate and pecans.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls; place, 2 inches apart, on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with bottom of glass.
- Bale 20 minutes or until cookies are set and lightly browned; cool on wire racks.
- Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar, if desired.
Line the baking sheets with parchment paper before use. The baked cookies will slide right off and you won't have to wash the pans in between uses.
Great Substitute: Prepare as directed, using 6 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate.
Per serving: Calories 170 Total fat 12 g Saturated fat 6 g Cholesterol 25 mg Sodium 65 mg Carbohydrate 15 g Dietary fiber 1 g Sugars 4 g Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 6 %DV Vitamin C 0 %DV Calcium 0 %DV Iron 4 %DV
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Kraft Heinz Company