- 1/2 cup candied cherries
- 1/2 cup candied pineapple
- 1/2 cup mixed candied peels
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 7/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup broken walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- Cut fruit into fairly small pieces. Cover with brandy.
- Put into an airtight jar and let set at least 24 hours.
- Beat eggs until light. Add sugar.
- Sift dry ingredients together and sift into egg mixture.
- Add nuts and then fruit and brandy mixture. Mix well.
- Pour onto a well-buttered 10 x 15 inch jellyroll sheet. Spread in pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 325 degrees F.
- Cut into bars when cool. Roll in confectioners' sugar.
- Store in airtight containers.