Cafe Latte Bars
Yield: about 40 bars
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces white chocolate, melted
- In small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in vanilla extract.
- In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy. Beat in coffee mixture.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon and salt; pour over batter and stir until blended. Divide in half; shape each into disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. (Make ahead: Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
- In small saucepan, heat chocolate, condensed milk and vanilla over low heat until chocolate is melted; let cool for 5 minutes.
- Between sheets of parchment paper, roll out each disc into 14 x 6 inch rectangle. Spread half of the filling lengthwise over half of each, leaving 1/2 inch border uncovered around filling. Fold uncovered dough over filling, pressing edges to seal. Place each paper and dough on rimless baking sheet. Refrigerate sheets for 30 minutes.
- Bake in top and bottom thirds of 325 degree F oven, rotating and switching pans halfway through for 30 to 35 minutes or until bottom is golden.
- Let cool on pans on racks.
- Cut each rectangle crosswise into 1/2-inch bars. Drizzle melted chocolate over top.
Make ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 2 weeks.