Cafe Latte Bars
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces white chocolate, melted
- Bars: In small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in vanilla extract.
- In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy. Beat in coffee mixture.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon and salt; pour over batter and
stir until blended. Divide in half; shape each into disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and
refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. (Make ahead: Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
- Filling: In small saucepan, heat chocolate, condensed milk and vanilla over low
heat until chocolate is melted; let cool for 5 minutes.
- Between sheets of parchment paper, roll out each disc into 14 x 6-inch rectangle.
Spread half of the filling lengthwise over half of each, leaving 1/2-inch border
uncovered around filling. Fold uncovered dough over filling, pressing edges to seal.
Place each paper and dough on rimless baking sheet. Refrigerate sheets for 30 minutes.
- Bake in top and bottom thirds of 325 degree F oven, rotating and switching pans
halfway through for 30 to 35 minutes or until bottom is golden.
- Let cool on pans on racks.
- Topping: Cut each rectangle crosswise into 1/2-inch bars. Drizzle melted chocolate
Yield: about 40 bars
Make ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.