Candy Cane Cookies
Yield: about 6 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup decorator sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together in large bowl. Divide dough into fourths. Divide each fourth into fourths, for a total of 16 pieces. Shape each piece into thin 15-inch rope. Cut each into 5 (3-inch) lengths.
- Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Shape into candy cane shape.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
- While cookies are still warm, dip into decorator sugar.
Buttery Pretzel Cookies: Cut rolled out dough ropes into 5-inch lengths. Shape into pretzel shape. Bake as directed. While warm, dip in mixture of 3/4 cup sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon.
Source: Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 8/29/2001 6:52 am.