Candy Cane Puffs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 (1 ounce) squares white chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup finely crushed candy canes
- Stir together flour and salt in a medium size bowl.
- Beat butter and confectioners' sugar in a large bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in egg.
- Mix in peppermint extract and vanilla extract. Beat in flour mixture.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls; place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- To coat, brush each cookie with melted white chocolate; dip lightly in crushed candy canes.
- Place on wax paper to harden.