5-in-1 Cookie and Appetizer Dough is a perfect solution for busy schedules. This one basic dough can be changed to make five different cookie and appetizer recipes. Because the dough can be refrigerated (or frozen), it's convenient to bake whenever
guests drop in unexpectedly.
- Excelle Elite Cookie Sheet
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) butter, cut into 16 pieces
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole pecans
- Dark Cocoa, Light Cocoa, White or Pink Candy Melts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In food processor, combine flour, sugar and salt. Pulse several times to mix.
- Add butter and pulse until butter is broken up and incorporated with the flour to form a crumbly mixture.
- Add 1 cup whole pecans to flour mixture in food processor.
- In small bowl, combine egg yolks, milk and vanilla extract; add to flour mixture. Pulse until dough comes together.
- Turn out onto waxed paper and form a disk.
- Chill dough for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, form dough into 1-inch balls; place on cookie sheet and press a Candy Melt into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden.
Yield: about 4 dozen cookies
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Wilton - Copyright 2003-2007 Wilton Industries
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.