Caramel Apple Bites
- 1/3 cup chopped, unpeeled apple
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 2/3 cups evaporated milk
- Green toothpicks
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a small saucepan, combine filling ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat
until thickened; set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add egg, vanilla extract and salt; beat well.
Add flour; mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Flatten each ball and place 1/4 teaspoon filling
in center of each. Fold dough over filling and reshape into balls.
- Place 1 inch apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a saucepan over low heat, cook caramels and 2/3 cup evaporated milk, stirring
occasionally, until caramels are melted.
- Insert a wooden pick into each cookie and dip into caramel until completely coated.
Dip bottoms into nuts.
- Place on wire racks to set.
Yield: about 3 dozen
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.