Cherries Jubilee Cheesecake Bars
Cherry cake mix and frosting make this 3-step recipe a no-fuss alternative to traditional cheesecake.
Yield: 36 bars
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist cherry chip cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 container Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy cherry frosting
- 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In large bowl, beat dry cake mix and butter with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly; reserve 1 cup.
- In bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan, press remaining crumbly mixture.
- In same bowl, beat cream cheese and frosting with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in eggs until blended.
- Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbly mixture.
- Bake about 45 minutes (about 42 minutes for dark or nonstick pan) or until set; cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours until chilled.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): In step 1, prebake the crust for 10 minutes. In step 7, bake about 50 minutes.
Special Touch: A dollop of cherry yogurt mixed with whipped topping gives these yummy bars a special finish!
Per serving: Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 1 1/2g); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 210mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 15g); Protein 2g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 2%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: