Cherry Almond Macaroons
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups coconut
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red and/or green cherries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- Beat egg whites and salt in small mixer bowl until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until very stiff, about 4 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks in large mixing bowl. Stir in coconut.
- Add flour, cherries and extract, mix well.
- Stir in egg white mixture thoroughly. Mixture will be very stiff.
- Drop by tablespoons onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 10 to 15 minutes or until set and edges are very light golden.