Chocolate Chip Reindeer Cookies
Bake a batch of these frosted Betty Crocker® chocolate chip mix Rudolphs for
dessert. Even Santa won't be able to resist these cute reindeer cookies on Christmas
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker™ chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1 tablespoon Gold Medal™
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 pouches
(7 oz each) Betty Crocker™ Decorating Cookie Icing chocolate icing
- 32 candy eyes
- 16 small round chocolate-covered creamy mints
- 1 pouch (7 oz) Betty Crocker™ Decorating
Cookie Icing white icing
- In large bowl, beat cookie mix, flour, butter and egg with electric mixer on
low speed just until blended. Shape into ball. Flatten dough to 1/2-inch thickness;
wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until very firm.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unwrap dough; on well-floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut
with floured 3 1/2-inch gingerbread boy cookie cutter. On ungreased cookie sheets,
place cutouts 2 inches apart.
- Refrigerate on cookie sheets 10 minutes.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Turn each cookie upside down to look like reindeer face. Outline cookie with
chocolate icing; fill in and spread icing with toothpick.
- Attach candy eyes and mint for nose. Decorate with white icing to look like antlers.
- Let stand until set.
Prep Time 1 hr 15 min
Total Time 4 hr 30 min
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 310 , Total Fat 14g
(Saturated Fat 6g), Sodium 220mg Total Carbohydrate 48g (Dietary Fiber0g), Protein
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: