Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose
- 1 (6-ounce) package Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries, chopped*
* For orange-flavored cookies, use Craisins® Orange Flavor Sweetened Dried Cranberries
and 2 teaspoons grated orange peel.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the flour, a little at a time, until combined.
- Stir in sweetened dried cranberries.
- Cookies can be made into balls or flattened.
- To make round cookies, roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 dozen at a time
on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Remove from sheets; cool slightly and dust with additional powdered sugar.
- To make flat cookies, form dough into 1-inch balls as directed above. Using the
bottom of a glass dipped in granulated sugar, flatten balls on cookie sheet, making
rounds 2-inches in diameter.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
Yield: 6 dozen cookies
Reprinted with permission from
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.