Easy Rum Cheesecake Bars
- 1 (13 x 9-inch) Oatmeal Cookie Crust, unbaked
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark or golden rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- Ground nutmeg (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake crust 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown; cool on wire rack while
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, rum, vanilla, rum extract and salt on
medium speed of electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time; beat just until well blended.
- Mix in sour cream.
- Pour filling evenly over crust.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or just until center is set.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate until cold, 4 hours or more.
- Cut into bars using a sharp, wet knife dipped in cold water (wipe knife clean
between each cut).
- Store tightly covered in refrigerator or freeze.
- Just before serving, sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
Yield: 32 bars
Cook Tips and Variations: For Lighter Rum
Raisin Cheesecake Bars, use reduced-fat cream cheese and reduced-fat sour cream.
Nonfat cream cheese and nonfat sour cream are not recommended.
If desired, omit rum and increase rum extract to 1 tablespoon.
Recipe and photo credit: