Eggnog Ice Box Cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Promised
Land Egg Nog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 1/2 cups flour
Promised Land Egg Nog Icing
- 3 cups powdered sugar
cup softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Promised Land Egg
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add Promised Land Egg Nog and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture, mixing well.
- Divide dough in half in the shape of a log, approximately 2- to 2 1/2-inch diameter.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut each log into 1/4-inch slices.
- Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 10 minutes or until very lightly brown.
- Let cool, then add icing.
- Promised Land Eggnog Icing: Combine sugar, butter and vanilla extract until blended.
- Gradually add egg nog until smooth. Add more egg nog if icing is too thick or
more sugar if icing is too thin.
Yield: approximately 10 dozen cookies
Reprinted with permission from
Promised Land Dairy.