Yield: about 3 dozen
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 1 cup powdered sugar (for rolling cookies)
- Mix together the flour, cornstarch, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggnog.
- Add the flour mixture gradually until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour or until the dough is firm.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack and cool for about 5 minutes.
- Roll balls in the powdered sugar.