Eggnog Sparkle Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1/3 cup
red decorating sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine flour, baking powder and nutmeg; set aside.
- Cream butter and granulated sugar at medium speed of electric mixer.
- Add egg yolks; beat until fluffy. Blend in eggnog.
- Add flour mixture, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Combine decorating sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough into 3/4-inch balls; roll in colored sugar mixture to coat. Place
2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
Reprinted with permission from
Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.