Eggnog Spritz Cookies
Do you love eggnog? Get your fix munching on easy-to-make buttery cookies flavored
with rum extract and nutmeg.
- 1 pouch (1 pound 1.5 ounces) Betty Crocker sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Gold Medal all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
teaspoon rum extract
- Betty Crocker red and green decorating sugars, if desired
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, egg, flour,
1 teaspoon extract and the nutmeg until soft dough forms.
- Fit cookie press with desired template. Fill cookie press with cookie dough;
press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until set.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir powdered sugar, milk and 1/4 teaspoon extract until desired
consistency. Drizzle over cookies.
- Sprinkle cookies with colored sugar.
Yield: 4 dozen cookies
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Storage: To keep cookies longer, wrap tightly,
label and freeze up to six months.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 25); Total
Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 40mg; Total
Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g); Protein 0g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices:
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills.