Ho Ho Surprises
- 48 red or green maraschino cherries (about one 16-ounce jar)
- 1 cup butter
or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Confectioners' sugar
- Drain maraschino cherries thoroughly on paper towels; set aside.
- Put butter and 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat
with an electric mixer on medium speed 3 to 4 minutes, or until well mixed.
- Stir in almond extract.
- Add flour and salt; mix well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Shape about 2 teaspoons dough around each cherry. Place on an ungreased cookie
sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until set but
- Roll in confectioners' sugar while still warm. Let cool.
- If desired, roll in confectioners' sugar again.
Recipe and photo credit:
the National Cherry Growers Foundation.