Holiday Billy Goats
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 4 cups nuts, chopped
- 1 pound dates, chopped
- Cream together the butter or margarine and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks and vanilla extract and heat well for about 2 minutes.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves and add to the
- Add the milk and stir well.
- Now fold in the nuts and dates.
- Drop by the teaspoonful onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
Yield: about 7 dozen
Posted by Cookin'Mom at Recipe Goldmine 11/12/2001 10:35 pm.
Source: The Army, Navy, and Air Force Times Magazine, November 1978 - Recipe
by WILSON BWVB02B