Light Catcher Cookies
A very lovely cookie for gift giving or hanging on the Christmas tree as a decoration...
and then you can eat it..
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter or regular stick margarine
(not spread), slightly softened
- 2 tablespoons corn oil or other flavorless vegetable
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) light molasses
- 2 1/2 tablespoons water
- 6 1/2
cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (12 to 16 ounce) bag assorted lollipops
(thin are easiest to crush)
- Hard, brightly colored candies or
3 (1.14 ounce) packs LifeSavers candies
Dough will be easier to mix if you halve ingredients and make it in two batches.
Unwrapped cookies can't be displayed for long because the "glass"
areas become sticky.
Store airtight or individually wrapped at cool room temperature
up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 2 months.
Posted by Olga at The Cutting Board Saturday Sep 24th, 2005 12:40 pm.